Herbs of Gold - Lung Care
Supports lung & respiratory health with specifically formulated herbs traditionally used to relieve coughs and respiratory complaints.
- Traditionally used to relieve coughs
- Supports lung health
- Supports immune health
Lung Care contains herbs traditionally used as expectorants to relieve respiratory catarrh, clear mucus from the respiratory tract and to relieve coughs. Including -
- Elecampane (1 g) is used in traditional herbal medicine for pulmonary, lung and chest complaints and to strengthen the lungs. Elecampane is traditionally used to assist expectoration and to relieve respiratory difficulties, such as shortness of breath.
- Adhatoda (500 mg) is traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine as an expectorant and antispasmodic for relief of respiratory complaints, coughs and fever. Adhatoda provides anti-inflammatory activity with bronchodilation properties that dilate air passages and facilitate breathing.
- Licorice (1 g) is traditionally used as a demulcent to relieve inflammation and irritation of the mucous surfaces of the lungs, bronchi and respiratory tract and to relieve cough, respiratory catarrh and mucus.
- Antioxidant Vitamin C (1 mg) and Vitamin E (37.3IU), and selenium (25 mcg) to protect the lungs and respiratory tract from environmental toxins such as cigarette smoke and pollution. Vitamins C and E, and selenium are antioxidants important for lung health and to support respiratory health and pulmonary function. Antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, and selenium help maintain healthy immune function and help protect the lungs from oxidative stress. Vitamins C and E are antioxidants present in the fluid lining of the lung and respiratory tract where they protect against free radicals from the environment such as ozone and air pollution.
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 micrograms for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
Adults and children over 12 years – Take 1 tablet, twice daily, with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice.
Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.